Reply To: CNOR Study Group 2024 Week 3

CNOR, CAPA-CPAN, CST Preparation by Zander Forums CNOR Study Group 2024 Week 3 Reply To: CNOR Study Group 2024 Week 3

Keymaster

Thank you Yasuko,

1, A supraphrenic cyst is found intraop. How do you clean the room after surgery?

Regular turnover

Correct. This is not a communicable disease so regular turn over cleaning is adequate.

2, How often are disaster drills done?

Twice a year

Right. Disaster drills are held at least twice a year to test plans deletions by the committee, to improve and familiarize personnel with them. You can find that in Berry & Kohn’s Operating Room Technique page 85

3, Why does the obturator go with the trach patient after surgery to the post op unit?

?

They’re going to need it to change their trach. It stays with the patient.

4, Where are endoscopes stored?

Positive airflow pressure room Dry cabinet storage with HEPA

Here are a few snips from the 2023 Guidelines:

5, 68 y.o. male healthy patient at outpatient surgery center getting herniorrhaphy, periop nurse should expect which local to be for post-op management (1% lido, bupivacaine with epi 0.5%, mepivacaine 1% with epi, etc.)

Lidocaine 1% with epi

Here’s my thinking on this one. We know we’re going to use Epinephrine for post op pain control. Now, Bupivacaine is longer acting Than lidocaine and I believe mepivacaine is used more for nerve blocks. I would choose Bupivicaine with epi. Read Alexander’s pg 282 for more information. Read this question carefully. I want there to be some hint about choosing a longer acting medication.

Pin It on Pinterest