Reply To: CNOR Study Group 2024 Week 3

CNOR, CAPA-CPAN, CST Preparation by Zander Forums CNOR Study Group 2024 Week 3 Reply To: CNOR Study Group 2024 Week 3

Keymaster

Thanks Allison!

1. What is the incision site for an appendectomy? McBurney’s is the site for appendectmy.

What are early s/s of MH? Early signs of MH include increase end tidal CO2, Increase HR/BP/RR, and muscle rigidity.

Well, thanks for answering my crazy mashed together question. Good grief. Both are correct. 🙂

2. What does hypothermia in the PACU do to the patient’s VS?
Post-op hypothermia is defined as a body temp less than 96.8 (36C). O2 consumption increases by 300-400% and can be dangerous for patients with cardiac problems, even leading to MI. This increase in O2 consumption causes ischemia and acidosis. You will also see CNS depression and prolonged elimination of muscle relaxants/anesthesia. (Alexander’s 16th ed. pg. 1172)

VS would look like this: decreased SpO2, low BP (hypovolemia and increased bleeding)
HR I would think would be high? to try and compensate for the low BP increased oxygen demands.

Everything slows down. The heart rate too. This decreases cardiac output. Need to keep the patient’s toasty. Hypothermia is bad for you.

3. Spaulding classification for bronchoscope?
Semi-Critical

Correct

4. If your patient is hypoventilating what would you expect the pH and CO2 to look like on the ABG?
Not blowing off CO2 would increase the CO2 and drop the pH (ROME). Respiratory acidosis, need to increase RR.

Awesome job! Exactly right.

5. Prepping an ear for Otoplasty, what prep do you use? A. Povidone Iodine B. CHG C. Hydrogen peroxide
A. Povidone Iodine
(Alexander’s 16th ed. pg. 4438)
*Alcohol and CHG never used on the face

Correct. Betadine is the best option. You an actually use Technicare (PCMX) too. I think you’re looking for Povidone Iodine on the exam though.

Pin It on Pinterest